Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hello!
It's been a while since I last posted.. sorry for that.  I have found myself very busy the last few weeks..
I spent last weekend visiting my daughter Lauren, who lives 3 1/2 hours drive from here.  I thoroughly enjoyed our visit.  She and her husband recently purchased there first home together .  We went shopping for things to fill it, FUN!  She already had picked out some lovely things..   We have different styles in decorating,  but she has very nice taste!!  She is decorating her kitchen in a Tuscan style.  We had fun picking out pottery and glassware to match her style.. She wanted a very authentic look, not too commercial..  her colors are sage green and golden yellow and rustic red.. it's coming together very nicely...
While I was there the weather forecast was calling for rain with a slight chance of snow dusting the area.. I thought "No biggie, it will be gone by sunday".. Well was I wrong!!!!.. It started raining and that turned to sleet.. that soon turned into snow.....  it snowed and snowed and snowed.. once it started, it didnt stop!! It was still snowing when I woke up on sunday morning!!! 12 whoppimg inches reported..  It was crazy!  I kept looking out the window thinking surely it has stopped... nope!! kept on a coming..!! Finally aroud 2pm sunday we decided to try and make it home.. roads were fine.. but looked scary!..
Anyway it was a pleasant visit with daughter and her husband.. The went out of there way to be the perfect host and hostess!!  Love you Lauren!!
P.S.
She even made me a cake to celebrate my birthday, which is not until this next monday..  so sweet!!!
I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment