Thursday, May 6, 2010

New Creation

Just wanted to show my new handbag..I have been carrying it for a few weeks now..Just haven't had time to post.. Making other goodies!

The Vintage part is the flower doilie.. A couple of years ago When My Hubby and I were camping in the northern part of state, we stopped into a  flea market when we were checking out the local scenery.. and scored on a big shopping bag full of doilies, napkins and placemats...
they were having a 1/2 off sale in this one booth.. the bag was marked $25.00..
I snatched up the bag and quickly went to the clerk and asked if is this was included in sale?  She said YES!!!!
The bag had over 35 doilies in it.. all vintage, hand crochet... Plus the most beautiful placemats..
I walked away with that sack, more like ran!  $12.50..
Anyway, I have been using those everywhere...some of the smaller ones are still sitting in the bag.. so I decided to put them to use.. On my purse.. I put a vintage button in middle and threaded it with Khaki colored grosgrain ribbon that I have been saving to recycle someday..
I love my bag.. I love the feel of the heavy linen..
Now I need to make a more springtime bag..
I have been in the sewing mood lately.. It hits me in spurts..I am starting my own little cottage industry.. Of course you can see what my label is ..
Make mine Vintage!!!
Hugs and Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment